- Offer developers simple and effective frameworks in Eiffel : persistence, user interaction, report generation, communication.
- Promote the Eiffel-way of development
- Use BON and complement it by other methods where needed. Focus on quality, robustness. Use assertions "as well as possible".
- Provide/gather tools, methods or best practices that help developers focus on application requirements, not technical details.
- Reuse or extend existing Open Source libraries.
- Portability : Eiffel compilers (ESI, SE, VE), Platforms (*nix,Win32)
- Relational databases access in Eiffel (x/open Call Level Interface, aka ODBC).
- Eiffel wrapping of Curses, also available for Windows using PDCurses.
- Simple PDF document generation in Eiffel.
- Eiffel Persistent Object Management - a pragmatic and simple framework.
- Eiffel Decimal Arithmetic - unlimited precision, IEEE 854 compliant. This package has been added to the GOBO Eiffel project.